"A word in earnest is as good as a speech"
~Charles Dickens: Bleak House

Sunday, June 12, 2011

An Observation on Blogging!

So, I did indeed decide that I needed to start reading blogs if I was going to write a blog. For the past 2 hours I have been trying to search blogs that I can easily follow, that are well written, and that are of interest to me. I have come up with one: Lupus Humor and Wellness.

It would be easier if all the blogs had the nice little "follow" button and they fit neatly in the dashboard of blogspot.com. But they don't. So I need to learn about RSS Feeds and such. This, like so many things in life will be a learning experience.

They say that keeping up with technology will help your brain stay young. I don't know about that .... it generally makes my brain hurt. One of the things with Lupus is that your short term memory doesn't always work the way it should. So, I write myself notes and then forget to read them. I have a ton of calanders, but forget to write things down in them. Why all this babbling in a blog about learning to read blogs ..... the reality is I will forget what I read and a week from now I will say something like "I read this really cool thing in a blog last week, wish I could remember what it was."

So, I will keep searching for interesting blogs about interesting things. And I will post them here so that I always have somewhere to go when I forget how I found the blog, or what the name of the person who wrote the blog is.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Leann, I think every parent should keep a blog, even if they don't publish it for the world to see - I like to think my boys will enjoy reading mine when they are old enough. Since I'm a stay-at-home mom, the little community of women I've exchanged blog comments with has become a way for me to not feel as isolated, and I've been lucky enough to make a few real friends.

    PS - I am pretty much a full-blown webmaster, so if you ever need help with setting something up here or just want to know how something works (like RSS, lol), just let me know! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cheryl - I may take you up on that next time I see you!

    ReplyDelete