"A word in earnest is as good as a speech"
~Charles Dickens: Bleak House

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Weird Things I Do When I Am Alone ........

So, I thought it would be easy to answer these questions, but I was mistaken. So for this one the difficulty comes from this secondary question.... when am I alone.

I am alone when I get to work early in the morning ... but I don't really do anything weird there, I check my e-mail and work.

I am alone usually when I go to bed (I go to bed really early) .... but I don't do anything weird there either, I am sleeping. I do usually fall asleep with my glasses on, but I don't know if you would call that weird.

I am alone in the shower .... the weirdest thing I do there is try and balance while I shave .... again, not really weird.

I am alone in my car .... and this could be where weirdness begins! I live in my car!!!! It is an amazing phenomonon, when I close the window and roll up the window I sing just like Lea Michelle, or Whitney Houston, or Maria Carey. Sometimes when I am sitting in the endless traffic on my way home I can actually see myself on stage wowing the crowd (refer to my last post and the goal of winning an Academy Award). It always surprises me that when I get out of the car I am pretty tone deaf.

The only other weird thing I can think of off the top of my head is that I collect recipes ... I have thousands - more than I could ever cook in a lifetime even if I cooked one recipe everyday for the rest of my life. I don't know if this counts because the kids are usually around somewhere when I am sorting through recipes. 

Wow - I am kinda boring!

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I have no idea what I'm going to post for #3 because I'm pretty much never alone, lol.

    OMG...I swear I have a recipe hoarding issue! When I worked at a print shop and had nothing to do, I even laid them all out on the computer and printed most of them on matching cards. I know...I have issues.

    ReplyDelete