"A word in earnest is as good as a speech"
~Charles Dickens: Bleak House

Saturday, August 20, 2011

What Police in a New England City Deal With!

So, today's blog question is to talk about my siblings. My parents divorced when I was 3. My mom remarried when I was 4 and my step-dad adopted me (he was daddy from that point on! One of my favorite sayings is "anyone can be a father but it takes someone special to be a daddy). So, I was raised as an only child. I did meet my 2 half-sisters and brother when I was about 18 and we were in touch for a number of years. Due to family drama we lost touch. I have found them again on Facebook and I hope we can someday be close.

So - on that note I decided to write a blog about funny things that happen where I live. On Facebook there is a local news page called The Patch and you can follow the blog for cities all over the US. Part of this blog is the "Tales from the Police Log." Mixed among the robberies and sadness are some entries that make me laugh so hard I thought I should share - because really couldn't we all use a little laughter in our lives!

August 18, 2011
At 3:32 p.m., a Sprague Street resident called police about a cat that is constantly trying to get into his house. Animal control responded, but did not find the cat.

August 16, 2011
1:11 p.m. A caller on Lowell Street reported she would like to turn in a weapon found in her house. An officer said the woman thought it was a taser, but it was actually just a battery charger.

August 15, 2011
9:30 a.m. A caller on Highland Street reported he had a bat isolated in a room in his home. He said neither he nor any member of his family came into direct contact with the bat or spent the night exposed to it. The animal control officer advised him to open the window and let it fly out on its own or hire an exterminator.

August 8, 2011
1:54 p.m. A caller on Columbia Boulevard reported he left his bicycle at a Castle Circle residence and a person there sold it. Police said the bike wasn't stolen or sold. The person was just teasing his friend. Both of them were "advised to refrain from their youthful shenanigans." ...... (doesn't the word "shenanigans" just make you smile?)

August 7, 2011
3:40 p.m. Police received a call of a snapping turtle in the road at the corner of Lowell Street and Samos Circle. The person said the turtle was causing a traffic hazard.

July 30, 2011
12:51 p.m. The Fire Department requested assistance with ducks in a pool on Daniel Terrace.

July 20, 2011
9:07 a.m. A resident on King Street reported she lost her chicken. The female said her chicken got loose the night before and was missing. The chicken is described as “solid black.”
July 21, 2011
1:54 p.m. A male caller reported he had the missing chicken from Wednesday morning. The owner was contacted and put in touch with the man. (just FYI - there are no farms on King Street!)

These are just a few of the entries that I found particularly amusing! I am sure every city/town has similar stories. Again - I am not saying that there are not terrible things that happen, that make me shake my head and wonder what this world is coming to. It never ceases to amaze me what one human being will do to another human being.

1 comment:

  1. OMG - the taser/battery charger almost made coffee come out of my nose, and I swear I should pull an "I sold it" on hubby! Bahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete